Friday, January 6, 2012

Country living part 1

It was a normal thing in my house to see bugs and spiders and other creepy-crawly things. However, there are some places you never want to see one of those more dangerous bugs. For instance, when I was young, I was trying very hard to get to sleep one night when I saw something strange on the ceiling above my bed. I thought, "that is one odd looking june bug." So, I stood up on my bed to get a closer look and preceded to scream bloody murder. A poor scorpion had made it's way into my room to get out of the ungodly oklahoma heat.

Another time would be while I was in the shower. I was going about my business when a giant spider-what kind I don't know-waltzed right on in the stall with me.

It seems he told a friend, because the next time I took a shower, I grabbed the bar of soap only to find a damn scorpion underneath.

However, the bugs that bothered us the most were those stupid moths that eat clothing. We had swarms off those....until two years ago when my parents found a bunch of electric fly swatters. Hardly a thing gets by Dad when he has that thing in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment